Some of you will be surprised after my long hiatus from blogging to receive this in your e-mail inbox, others will be stopping by for the first time. Either way, I’m glad you are here!
Now that my youngest addition to the family is just over a year old, life hasn’t really slowed down at all, but it is different, and blogging does give me an outlet I enjoy. I like to write and have a passion for sharing encouragement and resources that have been a blessing and help to our own lives. Real life is great. Won’t you come back and join us again?
I’m a woman, so I have a lot to talk about. Here are just a few highlights of what our family has been up to so far this year I can hardly wait to tell you about…
- We started a cottage industry.
- We have already begun harvesting lettuces, kale, salad turnips, radishes, and pac choy from our no-till garden. This is just our second season doing no-till, and we are planning to triple our garden area.
- In gardening I have a lot of firsts and experiments, primarily succession planting and trying out a number of brassicae varieties. I didn’t grow up “putting food by”, but this year it’s a goal to store up as much of our bounty as possible by cool-storage, freezing, drying, and canning.
- Practicing rotational grazing with our ducks, chickens, goats and foraging swine.
- Homeschooling. I am happy to have found my rhythm teaching math daily to our nine- and seven-year-olds!
- De-cluttering and simplifying.
- Growing in love and respect, and seeking God to mature me into a Godly woman.
- Out of a desperate desire to hear my Shepherd’s voice from the many voices that abound, I began a 90-day Bible read through less than two weeks ago.
May your day be blessed!
From the sweet and humble homestead,